Hope's Sculpley SeaHorse titled: "Aloha"!
Goals of THE ART ACADEMY:
1. To create an environment for students’ that will allow for learning, nurture imagination, inspire creative thinking, and broaden technical skills needed to create art, improve hand eye coordination, and teach concepts for developing self-expression.
2. Help students develop an art vocabulary and a background of art knowledge so that they have the ability to respond to ideas, describe, analyze, interpret, and make thoughtful judgments about pieces of art and their environment in which they live.
3. Students will be presented with problems to solve which allows them to organize thoughts, think creatively, and develop critical thinking skills.
4. Modeling and demonstrating of art techniques will set the stage to help students develop steps to successfully master art techniques and complete projects (self discipline).
5. Repetition of experiencing the visual arts nurtures habits of creative thinking through exploration of materials, experimentation, and realizing it's ok to fail because in failure a springboard is created to go beyond and explore a new answer to the problem.
6. Study of art history and cultures from around the world will be intertwined in the art lessons to promote students’ art appreciation for the personal journey of past artists and visual arts of other cultures.
7. Students will be introduced to potential career pathways involving the visual arts.
8. Skills through creating art integrated with the studies of art history/culture will develop self-esteem, a sense of worth, and pride so that students' will grow and make connections with the world around them as well as enhance understanding of themselves and others.